In the field of machining industry, precision CNC 4-axis machining is actually exponential-controlled machining. After programming the drawings that need to be processed into the program, connect the computer to the CNC 4-axis machining machine to command the machine to operate through programming to complete precision parts processing. Precision CNC 4-axis machining is mainly suitable for small batches and large batches of various types of parts processing. CNC 4-axis machining parts have very high precision, so they serve the precision parts processing in different industries. Let’s take a look at the CNC 4-axis machining process…
First of all, you must see the content of the process flow clearly before machining the parts on the CNC 4-axis, clearly know the parts, shapes, drawings and dimensions of the workpiece to be processed, and know the processing content of the next process.
Before processing the raw material, measure whether the size of the blank meets the requirements of the drawing, and carefully check whether its placement is consistent with the programmed instructions.
The self-check should be carried out in time after the rough machining of the processing technology is completed, so that the data with errors can be adjusted in time. The content of the self-inspection is mainly the position and size of the processing part.
(1) Whether there is any looseness during the processing of mechanical parts;
(2) Whether the machining process of the parts is correct to touch the starting point;
(3) Whether the dimension from the CNC 4-axis machining part to the reference edge (reference point) meets the requirements of the drawing;
(4) The position dimension between the CNC 4-axis machining parts. After checking the position and size, the roughing shape ruler should be measured (except for the arc).
Precision CNC 4-axis machining
After the rough machining is confirmed, the parts will be finished. Perform self-inspection on the shape and size of the drawing parts before finishing: check the basic length and width dimensions of the processed parts of the vertical surface; measure the basic point size marked on the drawing for the processed parts of the inclined surface. After completing the self-inspection of the parts and confirming that it is in compliance with the drawings and process requirements, the workpiece can be removed and sent to the inspector for special inspection. In the case of precision CNC 4-axis machining of small batches, batch processing is required after the first piece is confirmed qualified.
Compared with three-axis machining, CNC 4-axis machining has the following advantages:
1. Maintain the cutting state of the tool and improve the cutting conditions.
2. Effectively avoid tool interference.
3. Reduce the number of clamping, and complete 4-sided processing in one clamping.
4. Improve processing quality and efficiency.
5. Shorten the production process chain and simplify production management.
6. Shorten the new product development cycle.